Eraser Tool Options
When you're drawing on vector layer and you select the Eraser tool, its properties and options appear in the Tool Properties view.
This is where you set the maximum size of your drawing tool.
|‣||MaximumSize: Defines the width of the stroke.|
|‣||Smoothing: Defines the number of control points added to the centre line. The fewer the control points the smoother (but less faithful) the line.|
It is a good idea to create and save erasers with precise sizes and parameters in order to save time when drawing and designing. Toon Boom Harmony provides you with a variety of default eraser styles and allows you to create and save your own.
Eraser presets are created by saving the properties of the current eraser as a preset, in order to reuse it again and again. You can create a new preset from the Eraser Tool Properties view, but it is better to do it from the Eraser Properties—see Erasing Parts of a Drawing.
The Eraser tool uses its own preset list, separated from the Brush tool.
- From the Brush menu , select Import Brushes.
- In the browser window that appears, navigate to and select the
- Click Open.
- In the Import Brushes dialog box, select the brushes brushes and erasers you want to import. You can also import pencils at the same time.
- Click Import.
The imported brush, eraser and pencil styles will appear in the presets library. You can reuse any of the imported tips to create other brush, eraser and pencil style presets.
- From the Brush menu, select Export.
- In the Export Brushes dialog box, select the vector brushes and erasers to export, as well as any pencils.
- Click Export.
- In the Export Brushes window that appears, browse to the location where you want to save the .xml file and give it a name.
- Click Save.
- From the Brush menu, select one of the following:
|Small Thumbnail||Reduces the size of the thumbnails in order to view more at the same time. Displays an image of the tool's tip and its maximum size.|
|Large Thumbnail||Increases the size of the thumbnails in order to see the images more clearly. Displays an image of the tool's tip, its maximum size and its name.|
|Stroke View||Displays the tool's name, maximum size and stroke preview.|